Get Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: The Making of recent Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
This background of early eu colonial efforts in North the USA (specifically, the component north of Mexico and the Caribbean) examines why 3 colonies-St. Augustine, Jamestown and Québec-succeeded the place many prior to them had failed. Chapters disguise Columbus' exploration and the Treaty of Tordesillas; different Spanish explorers and settlements within the New international; French makes an attempt at payment ahead of Québec; early English settlements, together with Roanoke; failed settlements relationship to the Norse enclaves on Greenland; and in-depth stories of the 3 colonies that survived.
Because the definitive ultimate quantity of the historical past of The Royal Leicestershire Regiment Marching with The Tigers covers occasions in that Regiment and its successor, the 4th Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, through the years 1955-75. in this interval the Battalions undertook in another country and operational excursions in Cyprus, Germany, Hong Kong, Borneo, Aden, Malta and Libya, Bahrain and northerly eire.
First released in 1995, this e-book offers a readable survey of the 3 significant varieties of working-class self-help in 19th century England: the alternate unions, the pleasant societies and the co-operative circulation. it really is available to an introductory pupil readership in addition to supplying a severe appraisal of every kind and kinds of self-help on hand to the economic working-class.
Now reissued in an up-to-date paperback version, this groundbreaking account of the Medieval Revival move examines the ways that the fashion of the medieval interval was once re-established in post-Enlightenment England—from Walpole and Scott, Pugin, Ruskin, and Tennyson to Pound, Tolkien, and Rowling. “Medievalism .
- Accounting for Ministers
- Latin for Local History: An Introduction (Longman Paperback)
- Albion and Jerusalem: The Anglo-Jewish Community in the Post-Emancipation Era (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- Defending English Ground: War and Peace in Meath and Northumberland, 1460-1542
- Rolf Gardiner: Folk, Nature and Culture in Interwar Britain
Additional info for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition by Michael Lynch